Safe selling on sellmodified.com
We know you've probably heard this a million times, however we figure we should just outline a few points to help you buy and sell safely on sellmodified.com. They are as follows:
- If someone is coming to view the vehicle, meet them in a neutral, public place and bring along a friend or two
- If you have to meet at a house, never leave the car unattended with the keys in it. If you need to grab something from inside, take the keys and lock the car before going inside
- If the price is too good to be true, then in most cases it probably is
- Never send money via Western Union, Bank Transfer or wire-transfer
- If you want to risk sending money online, always triple check that the car is 'real' before sending any money. If the car is not near you, then if possible try and get a relative, or someone you trust from any forums you may participate in to go and have a look at the car on your behalf and take photo's for you. Be careful of buying something you cannot see, photo's do not tell the whole story!
- Never be pressured into a deal, no matter how 'awesome' it seems. Often scammers use pressure tactics to distract from the finer details, leaving you with an empty wallet and no recourse to recover your money
- Always check the vehicles details, if something doesn't sound right perhaps check the details through REVs (http://www.revscheck.com.au/home/index.dot)
- Never send your credit card number, bank account details, personal details or any passwords to anyone, ever!
To report a suspected scam, call the ACCC Infocentre on 1300 302 502 or head over to scam watch and report it.
Seen something suspicious?
If you see anything that looks suspicious on sellmodified.com, please let us know immediately so we can investigate and take any necessary action.